Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

I Remember As If It Was Yesterday: Teagan



I remember as it was yesterday, getting picked for Auckland Touch. One day there was trials and my dad had told me to go along.  I had only played touch at school but never knew the real rules. My dad just told me to have fun and play around. We started warming up and then played a game. We were down at the other teams tryline, I got the ball, I ran, dummying the ball, stepping back and then put the ball on the ground, I had scored a try. The game was over and I had to wait three days until they told me if I was in. My dad got a phone call from Auckland touch and told me that there was some good news and some bad news, the good news is that I made it in but the bad news was that I had to trial again with all the other boys that made it. I came back and had to look on the website to see if I was in. I was so eager, I kept on checking the website over and over again until finally the list was out. I went onto the website and saw my name. I jumped up in the air with excitement and that was an important memory in my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.